MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Regulations on flag on fuselage?

From what I've noticed, every aircraft based in Malaysia needs to have a Malaysian flag and also the word "Malaysia" beneath. This includes AK, FY, Transmile and MASWing's a/c, as well as G/A a/c and choppers. MH (excluding MASKargo) and (formerly) Pelangi Air dont' carry "Malaysia" beneath the flag though.

Are there such regulations that these aircraft have to carry both the flag and country name?

From what I've noticed, every aircraft based in Malaysia needs to have a Malaysian flag and also the word "Malaysia" beneath. This includes AK, FY, Transmile and MASWing's a/c, as well as G/A a/c and choppers. MH (excluding MASKargo) and (formerly) Pelangi Air dont' carry "Malaysia" beneath the flag though.

Are there such regulations that these aircraft have to carry both the flag and country name?

No such requirements or regulations exist for that,all ICAO member countries require civil registered airplanes to have the aircraft registration on both sides of the aircraft fuselage and on both on upper and lower wings,.,to have an upper and lower red rotating beacon light,have navigational lights installed on wingtips.while others are not mandotory.

MH (excluding MASKargo) and (formerly) Pelangi Air dont' carry "Malaysia" beneath the flag though.

Not under the flag but the word 'Malaysia' exists on both MH and Pelangi's liveries.

If I'm not mistaken, MAS A330 MKR or MKS has no strobes. I think it's MKR

Well the flag is a mandatory according to the Malaysian civil aviation regulations(MCAR)..i am not too sure under which regulation is it in...but i will get back 2 you guys once i find it.

Please do not confuse strobe with the rotating beacon / anti collision lights.

I'm quite sure anti collision lights are mandatory. They are the red lights and turned on all the time the engines are on. Strobes, on the other hand, are the white flashing lights which is turned on when entering the runway; they are sometimes turned off even during flight in certain condition.

Well the flag is a mandatory according to the Malaysian civil aviation regulations(MCAR)..i am not too sure under which regulation is it in...but i will get back 2 you guys once i find it.

Malaysian DCA notice no:66 (came out in 1996) is the directive that requires all registered aircraft (only civil 9M-*** I assume) have the Malaysian flag and the wording 'MALAYSIA' painted both sides of the fuselage, preferably towards the front of the aircraft and in a size appropriate to the size of the aircraft.

Sign in to follow this