MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Air Asia Retires the B737

Air Asia Retires the B737

Air Asia retired their fleet of B737's today with a farewell ceremony at the LCCT and a low level flypast by their Boeing 737 . At the ceremony , Dato T.F. mentioned their everlasting drive towards being the worlds leading low cost carrier by considering doing flights from KL to LA .

I guess its goodbye 737 , and Boeing , and hello Airbus !!

I've been in a few of those, notable ones are the LAT cartoon and the Malaysian flag planes. :)

All of its B737 fleet ? How about Thai and Indo Air Asia ?

only Malaysia Air Asia (AK). :) hope someone here got some pix to share. :)

Arrived at LCCT around 1010hrs.. just barely enough time to check in. My flight back to BKI is schedule around 1110hrs. After security check, i saw the last Boeing 737 near the P11 gate. Many people on the tarmac. How i wish they provide me with the pass..

Here are the photos i manage to capture. Good bye 737-300...

maz1882ql3.jpg

maz1852dk1.jpg

maz1842hg1.jpg

Noticed the man with cap riding the pushing truck?

maz1879tu0.jpg

Barefoot on the tarmac?? :blink:

maz1886en8.jpg

Maint event, this man with the white headband will pull the aircraft using his hair.

maz1885tu3.jpg

Pull!!! Pull!!! :clapping:

maz1905ul8.jpg

Nice t-shirt..

maz1874gq2.jpg

Safety

maz1856gx8.jpg

Reporting from LCCT.

-Meor Amir-

Malaysianwings.com

Hah! Where TV and newspaper lacks, you can bet your penny for a better coverage on MW!...

Superb, Meor!!! :good:

Thanks Bro Meor for sharing with us..Nice pixs..I didn't know some side event after passengers disembark from that plane..Pull the plane with hair>>any info how far did that person pull the plane??..No coverage on TV3 news pun for side event..Just short news mention last flight of AK B737..

Any way, where did the last flight of AK 9M-AAF B737 was from before landed at LCCT??

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

I'm happy that AK manage to set up this final good bye event to 737-300. I dont think that the man able to pull the aircraft because the crowd are not shouting. They just stood there like watching drama. hehehe.. Our brother adrian on off day.. but ewan manage to snap picture of him day before yesterday.

-meor-

..ewan manage to snap picture of him day before yesterday..

-meor-

You mean Ewan Shamsudin??long time not see he around forum..

Thanks Bro Meor for sharing with us..Nice pixs..I didn't know some side event after passengers disembark from that plane..Pull the plane with hair>>any info how far did that person pull the plane??..No coverage on TV3 news pun for side event..Just short news mention last flight of AK B737..

Any way, where did the last flight of AK 9M-AAF B737 was from before landed at LCCT??

last sector: BKI-KUL arrive KUL at 9.30a.m.

Earlier, Fernandes led AirAsia staff in bidding farewell to the last of the Boeing 737-300 aircraft in its fleet.

The carrier has switched entirely to the Airbus 320, which was expected to help the airline save through fuel efficiency.

The Boeing aircraft on its final flight from Kota Kinabalu landed at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal here at 9.55am.

As part of the ceremony, local strongman M. Muniandy pulled the aircraft for 45.72 cm with his hair.

Well, they do published this news in The Star today. Its kinda very sad to see the 737-300 retires. :(

The full news:

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...&sec=nation

The last time I boarded the AK B737 was just before Raya BKI - KUL. I was telling myself "Man, they gotta retire this old planes soon. Seats were not as comfy as the A320 and on longer distance flight like BKI - KUL and BKI - Shenzhen it gets worst. However wasn't expecting this so soon.