MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

AirAsia plane hits turbulence, 3 injured

Three crews were injured yesterday when turbulence hit an AirAsia aircraft en route from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. The aircraft made an emergency landing in Kuching after technical problems. Any more info guys ? :help:

Edited by MIR

Sunday September 28, 2008

AirAsia flight hits turbulence

KOTA KINABALU: Three crew members on an AirAsia flight were injured when their plane hit turbulence on its flight from Kuala Lumpur.

Flight AK5100 was forced to divert to Kuching to enable medical treatment for the crew.

A businessman who was among the passengers stranded in Kuching airport said two crew members were taken by stretcher out of the plane.

He and the other passengers waited at the airport for a replacement cabin crew.

The Sabah businessman, who declined to be named, said the plane took off from the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal in Sepang at 1pm.

The turbulence occurred about an hour later and the plane was diverted to Kuching at about 3pm.

AirAsia CEO Datuk Tony Fernandes confirmed that the Airbus 320 aircraft had to be diverted.

“They were serving food when the turbulence hit,’’ he said.

However, he said the crew just suffered bruises.

A replacement crew was sent to Kuching from here and the plane arrived in Kota Kinabalu at 8.30pm.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

Well actualy they are i heard that on crew was in coma i think 2 had dislocated arm or something . It was said that the aircraft experienced the thingi call "The AIR POKET" When crew were on route to Kuching and back experienced horrid terbulance till at one part crew was forced to stop contineuing service.

mmmmmm

Reminds me of the Bomb threat (hope my spelling is correct) thingi which hapen months a go in Baijing or some Chinese port.

Edited by haansel

coma? i don't think that happened. one broke her leg/hand (can't remember which one) while the other two were injured quite badly but it's not life threatening. air pocket it is as reported, aircraft AFC

coma? i don't think that happened. one broke her leg/hand (can't remember which one) while the other two were injured quite badly but it's not life threatening. air pocket it is as reported, aircraft AFC

one broke leg? really?

Oh no, the same aircraft that i had experience a similarly bad turbulence last year while going for MW 2nd anni. 20mins of pure roller coaster ride that sent my laptop floating in the air !!! I guess the roller coaster route upgraded!! Wx is pretty unpredictable even with wx radar onboard?

I don't think wx radar can detect air pocket ..

I hope the ex-mh capt and the rest of the crews and passengers are ok .. as for the 2 fs, get well soon ..

I think I have heard enough turbulence stories to convince me of the importance of buckling up my seatbelt while seated and reducing my inflight tour now... These victims can be unsung heroes if you see the bright side... :)

Hope they get well soon!

Well actualy they are i heard that on crew was in coma i think 2 had dislocated arm or something . It was said that the aircraft experienced the thingi call "The AIR POKET" When crew were on route to Kuching and back experienced horrid terbulance till at one part crew was forced to stop contineuing service.

mmmmmm

Reminds me of the Bomb threat (hope my spelling is correct) thingi which hapen months a go in Baijing or some Chinese port.

Heard crew was carryingout ECAM actions (ELAC 1 Fault) when they encountered the wx turbulence.

Sign in to follow this