MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jani

First A330-300 for Air Asia X

Hai guys..Finally brand new A330-343X available at a.net..

Truly awesome and nice bird..

1404888.jpg

..click here..

The acceptance crew will be leaving for Toulouse on the 2nd week of October and the A330-343E (msn 952) will arrive sometime around 28/10/08 with the second aircraft arriving in Dec 08.Once the second aircraft comes online msn 054(9M-XAA)will go for cabin upgrade.Next year (2009) XAX/D7? or AKX will be getting 3 x A333 and 2010 with 10 x A333 for a total of 25 x A333.

Sir, I hope you dont mind if I ask you..What is 'X' stand for at A330-343X??As I know 4 represent engine manufacture and 3 at end is series/version of that engine but I have no idea what is X about??

Thanks..

I think the X means that its an enhanced model of the A330-300.. The X has a higher MTOW compared to the base model. If i've not mistaken theres an A330-300E version too.

Edited by Walter Sim

I think the X means that its an enhanced model of the A330-300.. The X has a higher MTOW compared to the base model. If i've not mistaken theres an A330-300E version too.

The A330-300X stands for extended range.This type of model is equipped with center tank for more range just like the A330-200.

A330-300E is a new designation by airbus to differentiate from the earlier models (comes with LCD panels instead of CRT plus comes in with IGW / HGW - Increasd gross weight/ High Gross Weight version)

In Air Asia X,9M-XAA is the earlier model (A330-301/msn 054/MTOW 215,000kg powered by GE Engines :CF6-80E1A2),whereas the new aircraft (A330-343E/msn 952/MTOW 230,000kg powered by RR Trent 772B))

Thanks Walter Sim and Mr. Azmir for the info..

The A330-300X stands for extended range.This type of model is equipped with center tank for more range just like the A330-200.

A330-300E is a new designation by airbus to differentiate from the earlier models (comes with LCD panels instead of CRT plus comes in with IGW / HGW - Increasd gross weight/ High Gross Weight version)

In Air Asia X,9M-XAA is the earlier model (A330-301/msn 054/MTOW 215,000kg powered by GE Engines :CF6-80E1A2),whereas the new aircraft (A330-343E/msn 952/MTOW 230,000kg powered by RR Trent 772B))

I was the first batch of pilots trained in Toulouse on the A330 in 2007.Training was done on the A332 with GE engines, then did line oriented training with MAS with the A333 and A332 with PW engines and now flying with GE engines (A330-301) but will soon be flying A330-343E (RR 772B).

Its any different in handling same A330 plane but with different engine models??I presume A330-200 and A330-300 nothing much different in cockpit control and function..

I can see from the newspaper that the engine cowling is painted red with 'X' marking, it is different from the pic posted here.

recieve this from a friends over flickr.. look damn nice~!! :good:

sadly engine cowling still white <_>

2935959944_9f04a83506.jpg?v=0

AirAsia X Set To Take Delivery Of New Airbus A330

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 21 - Friday, Oct 31 marks yet another significant milestone for AirAsia when its low-cost long-haul affiliate, AirAsia X takes delivery of the first brand new Airbus A330, which is expected to reduce the airlines fuel consumption and maintenance costs.

A group of Malaysian journalists who are on this assignment, will return to Kuala Lumpur on this ferry flight (inaugural flight) on board the new A330-300 on the same day, after the official hand-over in Toulouse, France.

He said AirAsia Xs A330 is tailor-made for its low-cost long-haul service. The aircraft features specifications "never before used on an aircraft of any other airline before. It features a pioneering global design that will lead to a whole new category of aircraft."

Its brand new A330 will feature leather seats onboard, with optional XL seats for extra comfort and luxury; set meals for dining at 30,000 feet in the air; comfort kits; and an advance seat request option, together with an all-new inflight entertainment system.

"An all-new aircraft fleet gives us a strong differentiation against airlines that operate aged aircraft. The new aircraft will lower our fuel consumption and maintenance costs and enable us to raise our efficiency level by up to 30 percent. The new aircraft is the main factor in changing the global aviation industry," said Azran.

- Bernama

"An all-new aircraft fleet gives us a strong differentiation against airlines that operate aged aircraft. The new aircraft will lower our fuel consumption and maintenance costs and enable us to raise our efficiency level by up to 30 percent. The new aircraft is the main factor in changing the global aviation industry," said Azran.

I just love all the indirect belittlling AK/D7 is throwing to MH.

I just love all the indirect belittlling AK/D7 is throwing to MH.

You will love this even more - check out today's star newspaper - 2 full page advert by MAS rebuttling LCC's price against theirs...

(WTF-full service fighting with LCC)

I guess with all the AK "jibing MH" ads everywhere, including the bright red LCCT - Sentral buses all over KL city... MH is pissed :angry:

Sign in to follow this