MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
H C Chai

AirAsia to cancel KCH - MFM

Does anyone know for sure if Air Asia had stopped operating on the BKI-MFM route?

I have booked my flights on 8 Jan 2009 from BKI to MFM. I have not received any email or what-so-ever regarding change of routing. :help:

Definitely withdrawn from service. It's not even shown on the route map in the Nov08 issue of 3Sixty

Does anyone know for sure if Air Asia had stopped operating on the BKI-MFM route?

I have booked my flights on 8 Jan 2009 from BKI to MFM. I have not received any email or what-so-ever regarding change of routing. :help:

A friend of mine only received a notification on the suspension of KCH-DPS about 3 weeks before she was due to fly this route. At first she was only offered a full refund. After a few phone calls and emails, AK agreed to book her on KCH-KUL-DPS FOC. :angry:

You can try to get AK to book you on BKI-SZX (this route is still operating), or just accept a refund and book yourself on MH BKI-HKG, which is around RM369 a.i. at the moment (not too bad for full service plus you get to use BKI T1)

Edited by H C Chai

Thanks guys. That is pretty awful of AK. They never informed me and I have to hear it from a friend who lives in Melbourne. :angry:

I will try to rebook on MH or KA (if they are not expensive!). I am reluctant to fly into SZX as it will mean we have to apply for Chinese visa.

I will try to rebook on MH or KA (if they are not expensive!). I am reluctant to fly into SZX as it will mean we have to apply for Chinese visa.

Or may be you should try to get them to book you on BKI-KUL-MFM but i'm sure that would involve you more than just a few phone calls though. However if you manage to get them to book you on BKI-KUL-MFM free of charge, you'll be able to save some serious cash as i think one-way ticket on MH or KA to BKI is going to cost a bomb, especially it's peak season during that period. Keep us updated.

At first she was only offered a full refund. After a few phone calls and emails, AK agreed to book her on KCH-KUL-DPS FOC. :angry:

Or may be you should try to get them to book you on BKI-KUL-MFM but i'm sure that would involve you more than just a few phone calls though. However if you manage to get them to book you on BKI-KUL-MFM free of charge, you'll be able to save some serious cash as i think one-way ticket on MH or KA to BKI is going to cost a bomb, especially it's peak season during that period. Keep us updated.

Rebooking us into AK's BKI-SZX route would be a nightmare because you need a Chinese visa in order to land into SZX and then another bus/ ferry trip to Hong Kong. yikes... If I can manage to get them to reroute to KUL, it is best to go KUL-HKG direct on AK. But it is a time consuming affair to travel on so many flights.

So I have managed to call AK's office in KL during 8am Malaysian time (11am Melbourne time) this morning. They answered my call within 3 mins wait, not bad. The lady told me that they have shelved BKI-MFM route and I asked for a full refund which she said will take 30 days to process and be credited to the card I used to pay for the fare previously.

I had a look at MH and KA's website. KA is on the most expensive side of course - MYR1946 per person incl. tax and surcharges. While MH is surprisingly cheap - MYR369 per person incl. tax and surchage which comes to MYR1469 for 4 people travelling. Previously I paid MYR990 for 4 people travelling on AK flight from BKI to MFM. Taking into the cost of travelling to HK from MFM, I think MYR1469 isn't bad.

Finally I have taken H C Chai's advice and I have booked myself on MH382 on 8 Jan 09! Thanks guys. Yes now I am able to use BKI's T1 ;)

Edited by S V Choong

Finally I have taken H C Chai's advice and I have booked myself on MH382 on 8 Jan 09! Thanks guys. Yes now I am able to use BKI's T1 ;)

Call me !!!! :D

Call me !!!! :D

Thats for sure! Don't change your phone no. ;)

It is always a hassle to make changes to travel plans, rebook flights etc. I am glad you get all things sorted! ;)

Thanks Mr. Chai. Honestly I was thinking of going BKI-SZX. Thanks for the informing me of the MH special fare. Now we are all set to go!

Edited by S V Choong