MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chong WT

An Exclusive Coverage of the Launch of 9M-MWA

After the official launch, MalaysianWings Aplha was taxying from Remote Bay to Hornbill hanger.

P9123058-800x600.jpg

Lee, this seems fit for A.net.. want some editing assistance :D

thanks a lot for the coverage there! love them very much. today over-slept, missed her arrival. :( later noon hope she fly again. :p

the aft cargo space quite similar with F50, hahaha, yup, a sheet covering like a door, save cost and lightweight, european concept, all european aircraft has the same design and concept, the screw must be in off set, more composite, smaller components and more work to maintenance crew but easy for flight crew. that's why you notice atr looks flimsy even it does look nice. the dangerous part was the pax entry door, has no snubbering effect like f50, whoever stand down there, once the door open, there goes la, hahaha, during the cabin crew training in mas hangar, few times the slipped to hold the handrail and free fall onto the ground.

the cockpit is much smaller that f50, if you notice the pilot seat, is like airbus, mounted stationary on the structure but of course it's manually adjustable.

Some miscellaneous shots for you metal bird fetish out there! Lets do a walkaround shall we..

First, a heartful Thank You to our gracious host.Ironically they even considered getting the ATR ages ago

dscf0055nv2.jpg

basking in the evening sun

dscf0041oe9.jpg

..when you marry a 320 with a prop and got the child

dscf0045yc5.jpg

ouch hehe

dscf0047ke6.jpg

wings

dscf0052ls3.jpg

dscf0053hc1.jpg

Tail section or as they call it, empennage?

dscf0057de9.jpg

Flaps. Note Kenneth doing his magic at the lower left

dscf0059sd2.jpg

End of part 1

Edited by Nick R.

This MASwings ATR72-500 was given lot of coverage since it first arrived at Malaysia soil..Since I frist spot this 9M-MWA at SZB, that the moment I also felt the best moment I ever fell for such an event..

Unfortunate for me..Im no longer as 1 of Sawarak population during last Friday..If not,I also want to join all of you..

Thanks for sharing with us this great moment..I really appreciate it..

Shortly after 4pm. Our Chief Minister arrived and the event started. We had Dr. Amin Khan giving his welcoming speech and followed by a short video presentation of MASwings in the first 90 days of operation. It showcased the difficulties they had to endure to bring back reliable air passage to the rural folks in Sabah and Sarawak, from auditing the aircrafts to the launch of the website. In the video also we were shown never before seen pictures of the sad and sorry states of the aircrafts when it operated under FAX. It was a touching moment for all, and it certainly brought tears to my eyes. It was a perfect tribute to those who worked so hard to make flying RAS possible again.

Any source of this video??..I want to watch it if it available..Its not an easy task to serve interior of Borneo folks and how difficult their to survive..its my ambition one day I'll coming back to Sarawak and and make a visit..

IMG_0255.jpg

The motive/logo on the tail...the famous leaf of "Midin/Paku".

This is favorite livery since 1st time I saw this livery with Fokker50..Nice colour combination and tail design..

IMG_0272.jpg

Galley

IMG_0273.jpg

Extra Galley

Emm thanks..I wait for long time to see how the this ATR galley look like..

IMG_0284.jpg

Pictures of what was in the goodie bag.

i. 1:100 ATR Model Plane

ii.ATR Cap

iii.ATR Brochure

iv.Lapel Pin

v.Coporate Pen

vi.Carboard Fan.

vii.Invitation Card

Im so jeloues with you teacher Kenneth..Nice goodies..

IMG_0281.jpg

Close-up of the plane.

the most nicer plane in town now..I wish to posses it..This model most exclusive cikgu, with MAswings logo at stand base also MASwings rego..keep it properly..I wish MASwings to make this model as their merchandise soon and I want to buy it..

Part 2

Before 'violating' MalaysianWingsAlpha, let VIP out first

dscf0060ic8.jpg

Lets go in. How to watch movie? screen abit small..

dscf0066ll6.jpg

the 'Airbus'y panel

dscf0094ms9.jpg

Row 2 & 3DF "business" class

dscf0071yr6.jpg

EMEX at row 1

dscf0073vx3.jpg

how to remove? read instruction

dscf0074yn4.jpg

the flightcrews 'ejection' hatch :D

dscf0078bp7.jpg

I think this bird is tail-heavy

dscf0083kq6.jpg

"Where's the black box" on the left

dscf0104uf2.jpg

End Part 2. More to go

To Bro Nick..Nice back-to-back pictures..I love it..Seem my ATR photo picture almost complete..I have also some good shoot on Firefly ATR but not much on interior..

Thank.. :good: :good:

dscf0083kq6.jpg

Ahhh this part I bit curios, what it is??what is main function of this gadget??

Waaaa. so envy lah me here from downunder... left here dripping saliva over all the shots taken by you all.. Nick.. laju laju upload more hehehe...

the flightcrews 'ejection' hatch :D

dscf0078bp7.jpg

dscf0083kq6.jpg

WOW! Really nice pics there Nick...love the shot of the escape hatch!! :clapping: On some airlines, they would use this hatch in water landing...as the rear doors might sink below the water surface...funny to note that the ATR do not have "Sill Riser" (or do they???Sung?? Care to answer this question??) unlike the Fokker and Dash8-400...just a piece wood to place at the door to stop water from entering the cabin during water evacuation...

Love that "stick" they use in case the plane tips...do you remove it manually??

Hey Ashmil...glad that you like the coverage...good thing Lee and Nick were there too...help with the pictures....

I do hope y0u come back to sarawak soon...and maybe you will get to fly on this beautiful bird...I agree with you the design on the tail is striking, a good representation of the "Nature" theme of the two states.

I remembered someone wanted to see the galley the other day...so it was you...hope you like it...the galley comes equip with a fold down table to inscrease the working surface for the crew...its not very big actually...

As for the model plane...it came with a piece of paper which tells you how to fix it...but it only shows the BAE. Dash8 and some Boeing and no ATR...my guess is that MAS ordered this Taiwan company to produce just enough for the event...but if Azuddin can locate the company then maybe we can have him to mass produce it again for us...they should still have the mould with them...help here Azzudin??

Shortly after 4pm. Our Chief Minister arrived and the event started. We had Dr. Amin Khan giving his welcoming speech and followed by a short video presentation of MASwings in the first 90 days of operation. It showcased the difficulties they had to endure to bring back reliable air passage to the rural folks in Sabah and Sarawak, from auditing the aircrafts to the launch of the website. In the video also we were shown never before seen pictures of the sad and sorry states of the aircrafts when it operated under FAX. It was a touching moment for all, and it certainly brought tears to my eyes. It was a perfect tribute to those who worked so hard to make flying RAS possible again.

Can I get my hand on the mention video?

As for the model plane...it came with a piece of paper which tells you how to fix it...but it only shows the BAE. Dash8 and some Boeing and no ATR...my guess is that MAS ordered this Taiwan company to produce just enough for the event...but if Azuddin can locate the company then maybe we can have him to mass produce it again for us...they should still have the mould with them...help here Azzudin??

I have talk with Azzudin long time ago about this matter..According to him, we can make request from the manufacture to produce on certain airlines model but it sound illegal because we dont have any permission/license to produce it..the manufacture can make the model for us if we really want and it consider as 'black market' model..But the condition is, the manufacture need to produce it on certain minimum amount and we need to sell it all..they dont sell it..That why we see Raymond now wait and gathering request for MAS F50,MASwingsF50 also the Agong BBJ to get minimum request..

Azzudin and me plan to repaint the livery so it become MAswings livery for this model, mean here both of us will buy ATR72-500 1/100 scale model with ATR home colour and and repaint it again..But it look both of us dont have any good time and money to run this project..

Hahaha, I also have no idea of this ATR water landing, the emergency hatch door in the cockpit was used as gps antenna during delievery flight, then they replaced it with normal hatch, was due to the cockpit has no sliding windows like 747, so they require that hatch door, for the cabin emergency hatch, that's the worse, unlike 737 that can remove and install easily with one person, atr requires at least 2 to install back, removing also quite troublesome.

you can notice small winglet at the wingtip, and it's a winglet, hehehe, the whole wing is made from composite structure, yup, the thing attached behind is called tail prop to prevent the aircraft from toppling up, limited 7 person to be at the back, if for firefly, their people will install it instead of ground crew, the storage of the tail prop is inside the aft compartment where you locate the flight data recorder and cvr.

Part 3

dscf0107bj2.jpg

dscf0108es0.jpg

dscf0109da5.jpg

bellboys

dscf0111ut2.jpg

dscf0112fx6.jpg

Long instructions..just too advance

dscf0117cs7.jpg

small?

dscf0118ks9.jpg

Encore

cute little tires

dscf0119ae6.jpg

dscf0121uv6.jpg

same like sandblasting the car registration on your car window

dscf0125ao3.jpg

Stow the tailhook in here?

dscf0126hw4.jpg

old & new

dscf0133xn2.jpg

not much clearence

dscf0140zr4.jpg

dscf0137zp8.jpg

Thats it from me then. Once again hope this is exclusive enough.

Both 10 10, FYA-FYJ and MWA-MWJ, nose wheel hub about 6 in, super light, changing atr wheel is problematic compared with f50, there few access panel underneath the belly, person has to lie down on the floor to open it, yup the tail prop is located inside the compartment right underneath FDR.

That ka Bro Nick :( :( :( ..

Many thanks from spotting at runway, nice coverage during event, uploaded and show it to us.. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nick, Look like the paper beg you left at the ATR landing gear..Why not you give it to me.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nick,

Appreciated your sharing of the detailed shots of this Mademoiselle a lot !!! :drinks: :yahoo:

Looks like, she is a good- and worthy replacement for the Dutch Lady :pardon:

Sign in to follow this