MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

9M-MWA in BKI

Caught up with MWA in BKI today, and took the opportunity for some photo.

MWA.jpg

Aircraft just arrived from a proving flight, not sure where it was from. But did see some personnel alighting from the aircraft a few minutes before.

MWAfront.jpg

View from just under the port wing.

MWAfltdeck.jpg

The flight deck. Not so nice picture without my trusty 10-22; 24mm is just not wide enough for this job. Next time maybe?

MWAseats.jpg

Leather seats! And still "bau kedai", lovely. Blueish color for window seats, brownish for aisle seats throughout the whole cabin.

MWAcabin.jpg

The cabin viewed from the entrance. Note the drop-down LCD screen, for safety briefing. Maybe IFE too. The control panel is from the aft FA station. The screens are normally stowed up when not in use. Those people are cabin cleaners and engineering staff, testing out the brand new aircraft. Only 68 seats instead of the regular 72 seats, for increased pitch. 3 rows in front of the divider but still the same seats.

As stated in other threads, aircraft will start regular flight on Sept 17th. There will be a launching ceremony in KCH before that date.

Anybody with more pictures of this aircraft, please add to this post.

Edited by Radzi

Aircraft just arrived from a proving flight, not sure where it was from. But did see some personnel alighting from the aircraft a few minutes before.

Hi Radzi

She was in Miri most of the morning, although I am not sure when she arrived or departed. I suspect the proving flight might have just been BKI-MYY-BKI?

Steve

The IFE using DVD player and the control of the player is right at the pax entry door. If MAS wasn't rush to get the atr, they might get the -600 with glass cockpit.

Wah,MWA in BKI! Thanks for the photo,Capt.

Looks like the cabin view is more better than the F50.

Now the ATR is definately the 'Borneo Cityhopper' :clapping:

thanks for the sharing, Capt!!! appreciate it a lot... still have no chance and spot she with either my eye or camera. :cray: why FireFly ATR no need do the proving flight? or they did it somewhere before deliver?

Nice pics Captain. At least the colour cooordination on this airplane looks much better and pleasant to the eyes. The seat belt buckles look embossed with the logo too, just like FY do with its fleet. I recall this was also done on the older planes like the B737-200s of the past.

Nice and many thanks to Capt Radzi for this shoot..I personally say that this MASwings ATR72 much better than Firefly ATR either the livery scheme also interior with IFE..

Capt., any pictures on kitchen/galey??

Next stop..KCH..Ready...

Firefly ATR did proving flight in szb before starting of operation. If you notice the MWA cabin, there's a partition with curtain of 1st 3 rows of seats, it's business class, don't know why but the seats are the same as economy class.

Edited by Sung

Wah! Very nice!

Cabin interior looks very refreshing!

Love the blades (propeller blades that is) :good:

Thanks for sharing, captain :drinks:

saw MWA getting ready for flight (another proving flight i suppose) infront of the BKI Hangar opposite the terminal

Wah! Very nice!

Cabin interior looks very refreshing!

Yes, agreed here

A touch of subtle elegance - very welcomed after the smarties / M&M extravaganza :)

Damn, PapaRadzi! Those pics are awesome, what a fine machine. The flightdeck sure does have an "airbus-y" feel to it. Certainly been put up on my must fly list when i next visit Malaysia. Thank god they didn't go with the 734/A330 style rainbow interior.