MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cheng Kit

Old Subang Airport pics before KLIA opened

"Mengumumkan ketibaan penerbangan MAS pesawat MH893 dari London dan Kuwait. Semua penumpang-penumpang akan diuruskan melalui Balai Tiba Utara". c1976. FLV file, 4.8MB

http://rapidshare.de/files/40486198/1227150808_001.flv.html

Awesome video!! MH 707!! Look at those hippy outfits :D

Is it clip from any particular movie? :)

"Mengumumkan ketibaan penerbangan MAS pesawat MH893 dari London dan Kuwait. Semua penumpang-penumpang akan diuruskan melalui Balai Tiba Utara". c1976. FLV file, 4.8MB

http://rapidshare.de/files/40486198/1227150808_001.flv.html

Heard from the old timers, LHR back then was a 2-weeks job. Fly to Kuwait, wait for half-week, then continue to LHR and wait for another half-week. And another half week in Kuwait on the return trip. Now with direct flights and daily flights, it is a 3-days job....

thanks alot for those lovely and nostalgic pictures uncle norman :good: , really pictures speak a thousand word , being survived many years. appreciate it very much uncle norman , hope to c more :clapping:

Awesome video!! MH 707!! Look at those hippy outfits :D

Is it clip from any particular movie? :)

Yes, Menanti Hari Esok.

i like this thread , thou it do not really reminds me of any old memory ( since i dun have any :p ) but i do really enjoy every bit of photos and videos that all of u have shared , thanks again :clapping:

i am feeling very retroish now :D

Yes, Menanti Hari Esok.

Oh wow....the "Esok" series..."Esok untuk siapa", "Esok masih ada", etc. Classic tear-jerkers...they don't produce this sort of quality movies nowadays.

Great set of pictures there Norman. I have some similar family shots too, but too malu to post here :D Was sending parents who boarded an MSA 737-100 to Paya Lebar, Singapura.

I guess Subang was where some of us here got an interest in aviation. The view from the circular deck those days were awesome........piercing engine sounds of DC8s, 707s and Jet-A1 fumes!

Why have to 'malu'?... :blink: Come laa... share your nostalgic pics... :drinks:

A bit more from me ...

A few years later... we went back to Subang... early 70's i guess... could be 74 or 75

this time in 'semi-color' pix... hahaha

SZB11_0459.jpg

and among the old photos... I found a photo of Boeing 707-338C(??)

9M-MCR

SZB15_0389.jpg

(better example from others... Here)

Then in '81... we sent by brother to Term 2...(he was leaving to college in USA)

SZB12_0391.jpg

look at the check-in counters...

from there they had to board a bus to the apron...

and the rest of the family went to Term 1, to spot the aircraft... :rofl:

My brother boarded Philippine Airlines to Manila to catch a connecting flight to SFO..

SZB13_0390.jpg

and we waited until the flight took-off.. to catch the blink-blink... :yahoo:

SZB14_0388.jpg

Few weeks later... my turn ...

I boarded a MAS A300 shuttling to SIN, to catch a LHR-bound Qantas 747..

SZB16_0387.jpg

another view... taken by my late father..

SZB17_0418.jpg

hmmm..... I'm still searching for two b&w photos of a Qantas Connie and BOAC Comet

(could be taken from Simpang by my father...)

Thank You..Terima KAsih...Nice to refresh old memories kan Uncle..

Uncle I can't guess where are you?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and among the old photos... I found a photo of Boeing 707-338C(??)

9M-MCR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/b20.../SZB15_0389.jpg

I wish to get a model of MAS B707 soon..

Waa Uncle since old days you been exposed to this activity ea..I wounder what camera did your family use during that time?

My brother boarded Philippine Airlines to Manila to catch a connecting flight to SFO..

Few weeks later... my turn ...

I boarded a MAS A300 shuttling to SIN, to catch a LHR-bound Qantas 747..

I guess purpose both of get on boarded during that time to continue study..Correct??

Look at those finely dressed gentlemen. Beautiful pictures, uncle. My memory of SZB goes just as far as the early 90s. Maybe about 1994, and yet i got a very nostalgic feeling in me when i went through this thread. It was here that my dream to be an airline pilot was initiated..i'm glad i pursued it.

VERY interesting thread !!! :yahoo:

Never knew, PAL was using these colours before: I like it !!! :pardon:

Lovely pics Norman. I have to dig my archives, so perhaps I'll add later.

9M-MCR was the actual aircraft that brought the remains of the late PM, Tun Razak, from London. I was there, and the crowd was very HUGE.

Then in '81... we sent by brother to Term 2...(he was leaving to college in USA)

SZB12_0391.jpg

look at the check-in counters...

from there they had to board a bus to the apron...

SZB13_0390.jpg

Very much reminds me of my own 1st flight, PAL to MNL then to LAX, then on an American (don't remember, TWA?) airline to Philadelphia in 1983.

T1 was closed for renovation at that time, that is why T2 was used for international flights.

Too bad, no camera at that time. Bought my first camera a few months later in NY city.

Very much reminds me of my own 1st flight, PAL to MNL then to LAX, then on an American (don't remember, TWA?) airline to Philadelphia in 1983.

T1 was closed for renovation at that time, that is why T2 was used for international flights.

Too bad, no camera at that time. Bought my first camera a few months later in NY city.

Yup.. closed for renovation, but they still allow visitors to the upper deck to wave goodbyes :rolleyes:

those were the days... :rolleyes:

(Ashmil... yup my A300 ride to SIN, then to LHR Qantas B747 (-200?) and finally GLA on BA's Trident to study in Glasgow U

my brother was in Knox College, Galesburg)

whoa..its like sharing a wonderful life journey with us!thanks for those pics norman..i hardly have any memories of the old SZB..i think ill look up for my pics as well..im sure ive seen a pic of me and my dad on the tarmac! :)

Sign in to follow this