MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
SufriHamidun

KBR/WMKC Spotting

Nice close-up shot of M44-06: you really can get close to 'the action' there...

Nice close-up shot of M44-06: you really can get close to 'the action' there...

Yup, luckly after landing can spotted two TUDM Airtech CN-235-220M M44-06 and M44-01

Any reason why the RMAF aircrafts were there ? :rolleyes:

Not sure, but i think maybe preparation for "Hari Keputeraan Sultan Kelantan" celebration 30th and 31st March..

New spotted at WMKC during going back hometown by MH1388 yesterday afternoon.

IMG_1445.jpg

MH B737-400 9M-MQN

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

Evening spotted AK and MH.

9M-AFI

IMG_1447.jpg

9M-MME

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Thanks for sharing KBR traffic... :)

Try to poke the A480 lens through the fence

to shoot the aircraft on the runway, you'll get

a clean shot of the aircraft... ;)

Thanks for sharing KBR traffic... :)

Try to poke the A480 lens through the fence

to shoot the aircraft on the runway, you'll get

a clean shot of the aircraft... ;)

Thanks Norman for sharing knowledgement. Currently i'm only use normal digital camera not DSLR..in progress to have own DSLR camera and start shooting aircraft..hehehe

Talking about poking the lens through the fence, actually the fence hole quite small, cannot go through, just close enough not to see it. If lens with rotating focus, it could damage the lens.

I think they use a special kind of fence with very small hole....

Thanks Norman for sharing knowledgement. Currently i'm only use normal digital camera not DSLR..in progress to have own DSLR camera and start shooting aircraft..hehehe

Ikman, if it is a normal digital camera then even easier. I would expect the lens is much smaller than a DSLR.

Unless you can't get nearer to the fence because of other obstacles like a drain.

Talking about poking the lens through the fence, actually the fence hole quite small, cannot go through, just close enough not to see it. If lens with rotating focus, it could damage the lens.

I think they use a special kind of fence with very small hole....

If the fence with small hole and unable to poke thru, still able to shoot as long as the lens opening is not blocked. ;)

Looking from the photos, the fence looks like the normal chain-link fence where we have in Subang Airport.

Edited by Chaity

If the fence with small hole and unable to poke thru, still able to shoot as long as the lens opening is not blocked. ;)

Looking from the photos, the fence looks like the normal chain-link fence where we have in Subang Airport.

Agree, but we dont have that kind of fence at AOR...even a kitten cannot go through... :angry:

Wow..AFQ zoom landed at KBR..Sufri, u shoot from PUTIK side?

yeah you know that place too?I think that place is the best location to do bird spotting.. :good:

yeah you know that place too?I think that place is the best location to do bird spotting.. :good:

Yup, very familiar with that place because my hometown not so far to Airport and PUTIK very popular.

Some pictures spotted when arrived at KBR/WMKC yesterday afternoon from Anjau Tinjau.

AK A320-218 9M-AHJ

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

KBR traffic, 31 July 2010

IMG_0717.jpg

Nice pictures !!!

Who is operating the Beech 1900 in one of the shots ?

Yup, at KBR they have MHS Aviation branch for Carigali Hess project if not mistaken. Wetstar Aviation office (flight operations) also available at KBR.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

I thought MHS had shutdown its operation in KBR after Weststar won the contract to shuttle the offshore workers .......

I could be wrong though ......

:hi:

I thought MHS had shutdown its operation in KBR after Weststar won the contract to shuttle the offshore workers .......

I could be wrong though ......

:hi:

After 51% of MHS stake now owned by Boustead Holdings Berhad (BHB), I think they will continued operation at KBR. On Aug 20, Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd awarded a contract to MHS to provide rotary wing aircraft, equipment and services (for heavy type aircraft EC225) for 10 years with an option to extend for another five years commencing April 1, 2011. Details here http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15300

Today morning I'm onboard AK5285 KUL-KBR (9M-AHI) for weekend holiday at hometown. I saw a few AK crew Aircraft Engineer onboard as well from KUL. Once landing at KBR airport, I saw AK Bank Rakyat 9M-AHQ parked at apron Gate 2 but not open for passengers. I guest AHQ got some technical problem because a few Aircraft Engineer doing some inspection work.

IMG_3808_.jpg

IMG_3813_.jpg

IMG_3817_.jpg

IMG_3828_.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Wonder if AK would fly BKI - KBR direct soon...

Wonder if AK would fly BKI - KBR direct soon...

Hopefully and after work on SIPA runway extension finish maybe Firefly or Malaysia Airlines will be bring their B738 to KBR from BKI or KCH soon.

Today afternoon onboard AK5286 KUL-KBR (9M-AHG) for another weekend holiday at hometown. Once safely landed at WMKC I saw a special aircraft parked at WMKC apron opposite VVIP boarding hall. I guess they are Kelantan Royal VVIP (based on yellow carpet available) onboard Bombardier BD-700 1A10 Global Express (9M-TAN). As usual, I went to SIPA Anjung Tinjau which a good and closer place to take some aircraft photo.

Bombardier BD-700 1A10 Global Express 9M-TAN from AK cabin angle.

IMG_3874_.jpg

AirAsia Airbus A320-216 9M-AHG 1st A320 in Kota Kinabalu.

IMG_3875_.jpg

Firefly ATR72-500 on back heading to runway

IMG_3884_.jpg

Bombardier BD-700 1A10 Global Express 9M-TAN waiting for Kelantan Royal VVIP onboard.

IMG_3879_.jpg

AirAsia Airbus A320-216 9M-AHG ready to fly back to KUL.

IMG_3892_.jpg