MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cheng Kit

KLM flight 809 daily 777 replacing 747

You guys can wait a little longer for KLM 777s according to dutch airnews.

3th KLM 77W is not expected before summer 2009 instead of February!! This will probably mean the 747s remain flying into KUL a little longer :pardon:

I am wondering will it be a mix of 772ER + 744 instead in this case...

this is great

can't wait to get some shot for my KLM collections.

Azuddin

You guys can wait a little longer for KLM 777s according to dutch airnews.

3th KLM 77W is not expected before summer 2009 instead of February!! This will probably mean the 747s remain flying into KUL a little longer :pardon:

My planning system still looks like this:

FLT NO: KL0809 D/S: S09

NR PERIOD FREQ A/C D TECHN CONFIG/PP FIRST FLT NEXT FLT

01 29MAR09 23OCT09 23 5 7 77W A 35C 390M 7 KL0810

02 30MAR09 22OCT09 1 4 6 772 A 35C 292M 6 KL0810 \

:pardon:

it has always been planned as a mix of 77W and 772ER operation right? since it was announced 3/4 months ago..

Correct...but Cornelis was referring to a longer operation with 744's, which I cannot confirm at present as system still shows Tripple Seven :pardon:

KLM 777-300ER Summer 2009 Operational tweak

As per 25NOV08 Amadeus timetable display, KLM's planned Boeing 777-300ER operation for the Northern 2009 Summer season has been tweaked.

Cairo

Planned 77W operation for the entire Summer 09 period has been revised.

Day 15 service operates from 30MAR09 to 29MAY09

Manila

Planned Daily 77W service shelved.

The 777-300ER is now displaying Day 2467 departure from AMS and -200ER on Day 135

Sao Paulo

3 weekly Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on the Amsterdam - Sao Paulo route from 30AUG09 to 23OCT09

777-300ER departs Day 157 while -200ER flies on Day 2346

Singapore

Planned 3 weekly 77W service still goes into effect from 12JUL09. 4th 77W service now planned from 28AUG09 (Day 2357 from AMS)

There are no changes to Kuala Lumpur/Jakarta and Dar es Salaam/Kilimanjaro 777-300ER operation

source: http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/search/label/KLM

still this is according to amadeus so i guess this is the same info of what we have now.. but perhaps these are the changes to KL's 77W op to accommodate the delay delivery but also meaning KUL is not affected.. :clapping:

at least i know i wont be stuck again in seat 45A in a full 74E next to a fat man again.. lol.. at least a newer aircraft and i m looking forward to my staff travel ah well not for long.. might just be coming home for job interviews..

Edited by Y C LEONG

I received a newsletter from KLM today and I thought I want to share this.

KLM rings in 85 years in Indonesia and introduces the Boeing 777 from 30 March, 2009

econ_tcm104-165932.jpg

This year will be a special year for KLM Indonesia. On 1 October, 1924, 85 years ago, KLM initiated its first intercontinental flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta. And, on 12 September, 1929, KLM started a regular fortnightly service from Amsterdam to Jakarta. At that time the journey took 12 days, a total of 89 flying hours.

In celebration of KLM's 85 years in Indonesia we are pleased to announce that from 30 March, 2009 KLM will be operating a Boeing 777 aircraft daily between Jakarta and Amsterdam. (With a stop in Kuala Lumpur).

Our Boeing 777’s are equipped with personal video screens in every economy class seat and an interactive entertainment system complete with video games and individual telephones. You can even send text messages to any mobile phone or e-mail address anywhere in the world – and receive replies right at your seat!

World Business Class

busi_tcm104-166135.jpg

Comfort is not just about your seat. It is about smooth, hassle-free travel. From the moment you arrive at the airport, you will discover the exclusive privileges of World Business Class.

In World Business Class experience our sleeper seats with 170-degrees recline, 190cm length privacy canopy, massage setting and laptop power. And on the Boeing 777-300ER, experience our hard shell sleeper seat with 175-degrees recline.

To get the most out of this fare, you ought to fly KUL-AMS-ATH v.v. or KUL-AMS-HEL v.v. :pardon:

Sorry Pieter but I just could not resist this.

Fly KLM on the worlds only B777 with 4 engines!!! Have a look at their ad in the papers today :lol:

LexmarkAIOScan3.jpg

Plus there is no tail! Hahaha the person who approved this has to be sent spotting with MW for aircraft identification class hehehe

KLM’s B777 to touch down at KLIA soon

KUALA LUMPUR: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines’ inaugural Boeing 777 flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur en route Jakarta will touch down at the KL International Airport on March 30.

“The KLM’s 777-300ER configuration is capable of carrying 425 passengers in a two-class configuration while the 777-200ER can carry 327 passengers,” it said in a statement. — Bernama

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...mp;sec=business

wOW .. That should be a sight to behold ..

We're geting quite a few 77w's into KUL now , Etihad sends the occasional one , Emirates sends the faithful one , and with KLM , woohoo !

For the event today, there will be water cannon salute. Aircraft will dock at gate C2. Spotters should be able to spot from anjung tinjau.