Sign in to follow this  
dexter

Plane crash in Batu Rakit, Terengganu

Any news guys?

Kapal terbang dikhuatiri terhempas

20/08/2008

Hopefully nothing serious here guys

Oleh NOR AZIAH JAAFAR

KUALA TERENGGNU 20 Ogos ? Sebuah pesawat ringan yang dalam latihan penerbangan hilang dikhuatiri terhempas di kawasan Bukit Rakit di sini kira-kira pukul 5.10 petang hari ini.

Pesawat ringan dua tempat duduk itu memulakan penerbangan dari Lapangan Terbang Sultan Mahmud di sini sebelum terputus hubungan dengan menara kawalan -Utusan-

http://forum.flydamnit.com/index.php?topic=1788.0

Juruterbang pelatih maut, seorang lagi cedera

oleh Zolkifli Jamaluddin

KUALA TERENGGANU: Seorang juruterbang pelatih ditemui maut manakala seorang lagi cedera apabila pasukan pencari dan penyelamat menemui pesawat Diamond 40 Maha 443 yang terhempas di hutan Bukit Bidong, di sini, pagi ini.

Pelatih yang maut, Mohd Ariff Ahmad Fuad, 20, manakala rakannya, Mohd Farid Abdullah, 21, pula mengalami kecederaan.

Jenazah Mohd Ariff dan rakannya yang cedera kini dihantar ke Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah, di sini.

Pesawat itu milik Pusat Latihan Penerbangan HM Aerospace Sdn Bhd (HMA) Langkawi, dipercayai terhempas di kawasan hutan di Bukit Bidong, selepas hilang daripada radar jam 5 petang semalam.

Semalam, Ketua Polis Daerah Kuala Terengganu, Asisten Komisioner Zamri Samsuddin, berkata pesawat latihan itu dipercayai dipandu Mohd Farid yang berasal dari Sungai Buloh, Selangor manakala Mohd Ariff dari Subang Jaya.

Katanya, polis melancarkan gerakan mencari selepas Jabatan Penerbangan Awam (DCA) Lapangan Terbang Sultan Mahmud di sini, memaklumkan mengenai kehilangan pesawat daripada radar.

My deepest condolence to families involved,

Should really find out what's the reason for such accident, this accident have involved a life of a cadet who has a high ambition.

Therefore full investigation should be taken by authorities accordingly, for teaching a lesson to those culprits involved...in ensuring the condition of plane and ensuring safety of cadet during training

EXPLANATION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO PUBLIC...NOT JUST CLOSE THE FILE...

Thursday August 21, 2008 MYT 10:45:25 AM

Missing pilots found - one alive, one dead

By R.S.N. MURALI

KUALA TERENGGANU: Search and rescue workers on Thursday morning found the two pilots who went missing shortly after their aircraft took off from the Sultan Mahmud airport here on Wednesday.

One pilot was found alive while the other had succumbed to serious injuries.

The trainee pilots were feared missing after they failed to state their altitude or respond to the air traffic controller minutes after taking off.

The pilots, aged 21 and 20, were flying a Diamond Star DA40 aircraft on a training flight from Kuala Terengganu to Langkawi International Airport.

The aircraft belonged to HM Aerospace Flying school.

The flight took off at about 4.23pm from the airport and the pilots were supposed to have radioed the position of their aircraft to the air traffic controller but they failed to do so. OCPD Asst Comm Zamri Shamsuddin said the aircraft was last seen flying at an altitude of 20m and eye-witnesses claimed that they heard the plane's engine which was described as raucous.

Eyewitness Tong Kundang, 32, a machine operator at Bukit Jong quarry in Tepoh, said he witnessed an aircraft flying very low and it looked like it was gliding towards a plantation before it disappeared from his view at about 5pm.

"I knew something was wrong because the aircraft was flying extremely low and it looked unstable,” he said.

Hrmm..HM Aerospace's Diamond Star DA40 again?

Last year one of their aircraft crashed into the sea off Pulau Aman and another crashed close to a swamp near LGK last March..

"We are from Allah and to him we are returning."

Al fatihah to Arif and a speedy recovery to Farid.

Flying schools now should really be checking their aircrafts ...

"We are from Allah and to him we are returning."

Al fatihah to Arif and a speedy recovery to Farid.

Flying schools now should really be checking their aircrafts ...

Al Fatihah.

Al-Fatihah and deep condolence to Allahyahram Mohd Ariff Ahmad Fuad also family..

I still in doubt, according to Utusan news quote by Sofian, the reports mention that Allahyahram as Juruterbang Pelatih as young as 20 can fly the aircraft without instructor beside?? :blink: :blink:

Sorry if i ask this question on the right time.. :sorry:

Al-Fatihah and deep condolence to Allahyahram Mohd Ariff Ahmad Fuad also family..

I still in doubt, according to Utusan news quote by Sofian, the reports mention that Allahyahram as Juruterbang Pelatih as young as 20 can fly the aircraft without instructor beside?? :blink: :blink:

They were on Mutual flight(One act as PIC and the other one as Safety pilot) yesterday evening. Farid was the PIC and Ariff was his Safety pilot. Both are MAS cadets. I'm truely sad for what had happened.

They were on Mutual flight(One act as PIC and the other one as Safety pilot) yesterday evening. Farid was the PIC and Ariff was his Safety pilot. Both are MAS cadets. I'm truely sad for what had happened.

Thanks for the information Mr. Helmy..Emm i really dont understand but i try best to get understand about it..Are they qualify to fly actually??

We all Malaysian also share the same sadness..2 young guys..

Thanks for the information Mr. Helmy..Emm i really dont understand but i try best to get understand about it..Are they qualify to fly actually??

Yes, both of them are qualified to fly. For mutual flight, both PIC and Safety pilot must have at least a PPL.

they are on mutual flight doing instrument letdowns and thats why need 2 pilots with PPL...PNF will be on a look out while the PF(PIC) will be wearing a hood n looking at the charts while flying..this is a normal procedure

guys, care to explain what is a mutual flight? thx

mutual flights are done after they get PPL..then they will practice the procedure on their jepperson charts..it is to bring the a/c down to land in bad weather and poor visibility provided within the a.c limitations....when flying mutual the PIC will be flying under hood..no visual outside only inside on instruments and to read charts...the other pilot sitting on the right will be his safety...the safety pilot will look out for traffic..high ground etc. and will advise the PIC

hope that helps:)

mutual flights are done after they get PPL..then they will practice the procedure on their jepperson charts..it is to bring the a/c down to land in bad weather and poor visibility provided within the a.c limitations....when flying mutual the PIC will be flying under hood..no visual outside only inside on instruments and to read charts...the other pilot sitting on the right will be his safety...the safety pilot will look out for traffic..high ground etc. and will advise the PIC

hope that helps:)

is't same as I.R (instrument rating) r they tested at SIM before performing on actual?

Like most of my fellow pilots, we all flew solo ( without instructor) at 18-19 years old. By 20 most were with at least CPL I/R. I don't think age has anything to do with the crash.

Edited by Nik H.

My condolences to the deceased. Al Fatihah.

I wonder if the pilots are cadets with MAS or AirAsia, or private students. To my knowledge this is only the second fatal accident involving a flying school; the first one was a Piper Archer 9M-SKA with MFA that hit the satellite dish over Gunung Pulai near JHB. The solo pilot was killed in that incident. Of course there were many more involving the military; not so sure about the flying clubs.

My condolences to the deceased. Al Fatihah.

I wonder if the pilots are cadets with MAS or AirAsia, or private students. To my knowledge this is only the second fatal accident involving a flying school; the first one was a Piper Archer 9M-SKA with MFA that hit the satellite dish over Gunung Pulai near JHB. The solo pilot was killed in that incident. Of course there were many more involving the military; not so sure about the flying clubs.

They are cadets with MAS. Callsign MAHA 442 (Farid) and MAHA 443 (Ariff).

Like most of my fellow pilots, we all flew solo ( without instructor) at 18-19 years old. By 20 most were with at least CPL I/R. I don't think age has anything to do with the crash.

Agreed. Most had their CPL I/R before driving license. Nik, you should know the father of the deceased. He is our good friend....I am just speechless..

Sign in to follow this