MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Terengganu and Haj Flights

Wow,TGG is definately one of the most classy terminal building ever built,after KLIA! :clapping:

Welcome Mr Nabil!! SAWADIKAPPP

i need help from MW members who live in TGG,

just want to know about Masjid Kristal? how to go there from TGG Airport?

for sure if i take taxi the cost very expensive.

Any suggestion how to go TGG Town & Masjid Kristal?

Does it near from Sultan Mahmud airport?

p/s: Maybe this question is out of topic, but we plan to jalan-jalan at TGG town after mini-historic flight finish

Sofian,

Unfortunately I'm not from Ganu either. Google earthing might help on the location of the Masjid... if its current lah.

Hai welcome to MW Mr. Nabil..Happy to hear such good news for upcoming inaugural flight..Are working with MAS as ground crew??

Emm all the widebody equipments will be temporary basis I guess at TGG..

Thanks for share some info with us..

I remember last year before the new terminal and upgraded runway complete, horses only can be ferry to TGG using TUDM Charlie from KLIA..Now, direct flight from AMS

Yes.. working with MAS Ground Support Services KLIA. Looking after the puchback tractors, gpus, acus, asus, water & lavatory trucks and the towbars.

The equipments will be there untill the last hajj flight into TGG from MED/JED. Then we'll bring it back to KUL. Its too expensive to ferry them up and down after each occasion ..inaugural, WEC, hajj... might as well leave them there.

Yup.. that's the only freighter/cargo acft that cud land on short runways..STOL and doesn't require a pushback. Those Charlies are the real workhorse of TUDM. I got the chance to fly in them when MAS send some equipments for the last LIMA... KUL - LGK - SZB (TUDM base) - KUL.

Welcome Mr Nabil!! SAWADIKAPPP

i need help from MW members who live in TGG,

just want to know about Masjid Kristal? how to go there from TGG Airport?

for sure if i take taxi the cost very expensive.

Any suggestion how to go TGG Town & Masjid Kristal?

Does it near from Sultan Mahmud airport?

p/s: Maybe this question is out of topic, but we plan to jalan-jalan at TGG town after mini-historic flight finish

I'm a TGGian living in KL..haha..hope this helps :)

Masjid Kristal is a part of Taman Tamadun Islam which is located near the State Museum Complex..

From TGG, u can take the cab to TGG Town - Dataran Syahbandar to be exact.

Dataran Syahbandar which is located in front of the famous Istana Maziah and near the Pasar Kedai Payang, is the hub of the unique Town Bus which serves major tourist attractions including the State Museum and Masjid Kristal among others..

Or u might want to do the other way around ie. take cab to Masjid Kristal then get on the bus to TGG Town

To is the day where TGG airport will put its name on history book (maybe :rolleyes: )..

Terengganu develop too fast and rapid after 2004 general election..

See how it goes tomorrow..Sofian and me will be onboard with MH1336 from KUL - TGG while Uncle Norman will be at TGG to shoot flypast and landing also back with B747 to KUL..So wait for our TR soon..

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

Looks like its gonna happen after all. 4 meetings, numerous emails, a few hundred phone calls, some fairly strong reminders delivered. The hard part is over. The agreement is signed following MH proposal and friendly negotiations with a very dynamic Menteri Besar who has done what others only talk about....

Signed....RM4.69 million :drinks:

AA210731.jpg

Looking back just 12 weeks ago the runway extension was only some sand in the sea. Now the airport has a 2 mile runway, there's fuel, ILS, HIRL on both ends, Cat 9 AES, widebody aerobridges and all the necessities to support large aircraft operations.

Increadibly, it required only a few good men and one or two sharp ladies to get this done.

There's still work to be done to get the 13th November show on the road. Its gonna be a nice ride getting there.

Looks like its gonna happen after all. 4 meetings, numerous emails, a few hundred phone calls, some fairly strong reminders delivered. The hard part is over. The agreement is signed following MH proposal and friendly negotiations with a very dynamic Menteri Besar who has done what others only talk about....

Signed....RM4.69 million :drinks:

Well done, bro, now the Kelantan folks just need to travel by road to KT to send off their future hajis, just less than 2hrs away. :good:

Edited by Naim

Yesterday morning found my MasCharter Haj team and me on board a FY ATR from SZB to TGG. We went for a day trip for some meetings and inspection of facilities and sites that will be used for the Haj. We checked on the walking time taken by the Pilgrims from check-in to boarding to ascertain our precision timings, drawn up from a T-720 minute countdown to departure of the aircraft. Thereafter a meeting was held with all the involved bodies from Bandaran to Rela to Police etc etc.

Rode shotgun with Capt Vinod, an ex Transmile MD11 P2 jockey now flying FY.

p20081105tgg_003.jpg

On arrival the team set down to work.....

Bus Drop-off area

p20081105tgg_004.jpg

p20081105tgg_010.jpg

Measuring walking time from Bus Drop-off to Gate 4.

p20081105tgg_005.jpg

Our Ground equipment in place

p20081105tgg_006.jpg

Meal Carts and Galley Sets

p20081105tgg_007.jpg

Aircraft Dry Stores

p20081105tgg_008.jpg

p20081105tgg_009.jpg

A short intermission. We played host to a group of schoolchildren and treated them to an aircraft visit using a transiting B737-400. This was prearranged by my office earlier. Always good to bring some joy to the less fortunate schoolkids while we earn our keep.

p20081105tgg_011.jpg

p20081105tgg_015.jpg

p20081105tgg_013.jpg

Cockpit visit. A new Captain under training on the left hand seat.....

p20081105tgg_012.jpg

With the Ah Mois

p20081105tgg_014.jpg

Finally a group photo

p20081105tgg_016.jpg

After the feel good activity we treated ourselves to brunch at one of the roadside stalls...goooood fooood

p20081105tgg_017.jpg

We then proceeded to the Stadium, which is about 7 minutes from the airport. This is where the remote check-in process will be held. This is planned such to avoid causing inconvenience to normal passengers. With this system congestion at the airport will be better controlled. All the baggage loading, security, immigration and customs formalities will be done there. Bank Islam will also operate a kiosk there for money changing and other money related functions.

More later.....

Edited by Nik H.

This will be the entrance where the TGG direct Pilgrims will officially begin their journey. At the stadium car park tents have already been ste up for the relatives sending off their loved ones. It is expected about 3500 people will congregate there for each send-off.

p20081105tgg_018.jpg

Baggage hand off and check-in will be done at this foyer before the pilgrims proceed via escalator to the briefing area inside the stadium for immigration, customs and security formalities

p20081105tgg_019.jpg

The cargo will be routed to this exit for loading onto the bonded trucks, and onwards to the aircraft hold.

p20081105tgg_020.jpg

Inside the stadium Immigration counters will be ste up. The customs and security will be occupying the other end at the exit where the Pilgrims will be boarding busses directly to the aircraft steps, bypassing the terminal building.

p20081105tgg_021.jpg

Checking out one of the three portable digital weighing machines to be used. The calibration of the machine was just completed last week

p20081105tgg_022.jpg

After the activities were finished we proceeded to Kompleks Darul Iman, a sort of TGG version of Putrajaya for a final meeting with the involved bodies.

With 45 minutes to spare, we rushed to the airport to return with the awaiting FY ATR.

Captain under training is Zaili Ikram...my schoolmate. he he he...ex 777 also.

hhmm...he went down and im still enjoying my 777. Thanks Nik.

Check-in was a breeze. The ATR was already boarding when we arrived. The aircraft came from operating the SZB-PEN sectors.

The ATR

p20081105tgg_023.jpg

The Captain, another ex- Transmile pilot invited me to join him in the cockpit, so armed with my new compact camera gleefully obliged.

Start up

p20081105tgg_024.jpg

Taxying out

p20081105tgg_025.jpg

Airborne

p20081105tgg_026.jpg

Getting dark as we hit Top of Climb.

p20081105tgg_027.jpg

p20081105tgg_028.jpg

Approach was for RWY 15.

p20081105tgg_029.jpg

Short Finals

p20081105tgg_030.jpg

Reached home 30 minutes after touchdown. Really great to arrive at SZB instead of KLIA.

I'll be leaving for TGG next on the 11th to prepare for the first departure, and am hoping for a trouble free TGG operations. Its been quite a ride to get to this stage.

To be continued.

Look like everything is ready for the 13th eh, Capt?...

And G10 works OK for cockpit shots... :D :good:

wonder what happened to FO's PFD?... over-brightened?

Look like everything is ready for the 13th eh, Capt?...

And G10 works OK for cockpit shots... :D :good:

wonder what happened to FO's PFD?... over-brightened?

F/O's PFD is very bright from the angle I'm shooting because its an LCD display. The Capt's side looks good as my shot is slanted from the Capt's side. I don't think I can take this shot with my DSLR. First of all the cockpit jumpseat area is cramped. And i don't think I'll carry my DSLR for business trips as well.

Love the G10. Compact but with sufficient manual controls and a good IS system. I don't mind losing a little on the quality side. The only complaint is the expected slowness when shooting, meaning shooting action shots will be difficult.

Back to topic, I'm pretty pleased by everyone's commitment to make the TGG flights happen and hope all the preparation will yield the expected results.

And who's shooting TGG Hajj ?

F/O's PFD is very bright from the angle I'm shooting because its an LCD display. The Capt's side looks good as my shot is slanted from the Capt's side. I don't think I can take this shot with my DSLR. First of all the cockpit jumpseat area is cramped. And i don't think I'll carry my DSLR for business trips as well.

Love the G10. Compact but with sufficient manual controls and a good IS system. I don't mind losing a little on the quality side. The only complaint is the expected slowness when shooting, meaning shooting action shots will be difficult.

Back to topic, I'm pretty pleased by everyone's commitment to make the TGG flights happen and hope all the preparation will yield the expected results.

Waa Capt look the brand new G10 outcome quality almost same with SLR..hehe..Yes I agree with your statement here..Small and easy to bring..

Capt, when be next flight our from TGG to Madinah??Sad can't join 13 Nov event..

Capt, did all this item been carried by air or land??If it carried by air (especially Galley set), sure it be place one of horses plane..

Hope to assemble a team... ;)

Norman,

When do the Hadj flights begin & end.

Cheers Greg

It has already started; first flight was 30th October at 1100 from KLIA. Flights will end 13 Jan after a 10 day break midpoint.

Capt. Nik, may I know in general how many flights that MasCharter is arranging for this coming hajj season with its respective departure and arrival points? It seems that too many focus is given to the operation in TGG, that somehow the operation in KUL this year was never being mentioned. I believe the majority of the hajj pilgrims will depart from KUL. Or it is just like what have been featured in your earlier trip report on the hajj operation out of KUL?

Capt. Nik, may I know in general how many flights that MasCharter is arranging for this coming hajj season with its respective departure and arrival points? It seems that too many focus is given to the operation in TGG, that somehow the operation in KUL this year was never being mentioned. I believe the majority of the hajj pilgrims will depart from KUL. Or it is just like what have been featured in your earlier trip report on the hajj operation out of KUL?

The departure points out of Malaysia are KUL, PEN, JHB, BKI, KCH and TGG. The numbers of flights from all stations remains about the same but there will be a proportional reduction out of KUL with TGG operations on stream. The Focus is given to TGG as being a new station and with the numerous challenges we faced at conceptual stage just weeks ago makes a more interesting story.

The flights out of KUL started 30th October. Flights out of PEN started a few days later. So far '0' delay alhamdullillah. We will be carrying 18,000 pilgrims this year.

The departure points out of Malaysia are KUL, PEN, JHB, BKI, KCH and TGG. The numbers of flights from all stations remains about the same but there will be a proportional reduction out of KUL with TGG operations on stream. The Focus is given to TGG as being a new station and with the numerous challenges we faced at conceptual stage just weeks ago makes a more interesting story.

The flights out of KUL started 30th October. Flights out of PEN started a few days later. So far '0' delay alhamdullillah. :clapping:We will be carrying 18,000 pilgrims this year .

Heard on the joint Malaysia (RTM)-Indonesia (TVRI) news that the number of Indonesian pilgrims this year alone is 210,000 pax. I wonder how our neighbour is handling it.

Edited by Fitri Shukri