MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Terengganu and Haj Flights

Yes it is bookable. MH 1336 as seen on website today. Cheapest flight at the moment is RM 79 + all the other bits.

Departure 1325 Arrival 1415; probably a little later due to the fly past over Tgg City.

Return flight will be at 1615 for arrival at 1710.

Two Certificates of flights will be given to Passengers; One for the first Jumbo arrival into TGG and the other for the first Jumbo flight out of TGG.

200 kids from various orphanages will be ferried to the aircraft during the two hour transit and they will be given Tshirts and ahem snekboxes. I am sure it will be a treat for them.

Departure 1325 Arrival 1415; probably a little later due to the fly past over Tgg City.

Two Certificates of flights will be given to Passengers; One for the first Jumbo arrival into TGG and the other for the first Jumbo flight out of TGG.

200 kids from various orphanages will be ferried to the aircraft during the two hour transit and they will be given Tshirts and ahem snekboxes. I am sure it will be a treat for them.

meaning the Jumbo will back to KUL after TGG?

Edited by Samuel Chy

Hai Good Morning Uncle Norman... :)

Are you considering this as good offer to you today?? 175.00MYR one way journey with super jumbo B747..

it sound nice to me to grab this experience and opportunity..I looking forward Boarding with B747 for first time in my life,for shortest route pun jadilah..

To Capt Nik,

Are you will be part of passenger during this inaugural flight to TGG??

--------

I still check my wallet for this event..

1. MH1336 --> KUL-TGG --> MYR175.00

2. FY3317 --> TGG-SZB --> MYR69.95

-------------------Grand Total MYR244.95

But the event --> Priceless..Money cant buy

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

Are you considering this as good offer to you today?? 175.00MYR one way journey with super jumbo B747..

it sound nice to me to grab this experience and opportunity..I looking forward Boarding with B747 for first time in my life,for shortest route pun jadilah..

To Capt Nik,

--------

Well Ashmil... you said it... :)

Any price for an inaugural flight AND for a first experience on a/c type is a good price...

But check your wallet... or visit a lot of rich relative houses this Hari Raya :rolleyes:

To Capt Nik,

--------

No. I will be in TGG a day earlier to oversee the event and also sign the contract with TGG State Government. But I will probably come back with the flight to KUL.

Ashmil,

i already booked the ticket for u..

depart from KUL with b747 and come back with FY.

p/s: gayat ni 1st time nk naik b747

Many Thanks to Sofian to make this trip come true..I cant wait the moment..

I will be happy either ATR72 or F50 FY..Both i never fly before..

So by of the day,the ticket price cost me MYR301.95 for round trip..MYR50 more..So for others,better book earlier to catch this event..

The Flight Path options for the First B744 Flight into Sultan Mahmud Airport TGG. Landing planned for Rwy 22.

Weather and wind dependent;

option1.jpg

option2.jpg

option3b.jpg

Agree with option 3 as well,

quite a tight turn for 747 to the left for 2nd flypast

Would be nice to see a video shot for that day..

Looks tight but with Flaps 10 and just over 180kts its ideal. Flightpath was flown in the sim the other day by the same pilot who will be flying the plane.

Hope for good weather on the day.

Yes I may agree Option 3 is the best..Since I not a sim player and lack of knowledge about flight navigation..But personally as normal person,it will be nice if can make twice flypast and cross flight path on top TGG airport..Flying along coastline during Saturday sure make local people cant wait to see this historical flight fly around..

But All depend on weather and wind direction..

I start counting day for this event..Uncle Norman, are you join this flight??

THANKS GOD B'COS THE DATE IS FALLING ON SATURDAY...

...I DONT HAVE CLASS ON THAT DAY...

...PLANNING TO JOIN THE VERY FIRST FLIGHT OF B744 TO MY STATE...

..I'M JUST VIEWING THE TICKET PRICE...hmmmm.....OK LAH...MYR 195.00

...CANT WAIT TO ADD ON MY FLIGHT LIST...B737, A320 n COMING SOON B744....hehehe

There's a long list of Widebody support equipment that's already drawn up, right down to the minutest details. Precision timings are already drawn up.

Hi everyone. Just registered today as a member. To compliment Capt' Nik's statement. Yes we have sent 12 trucks of GSE's (ground support equipments) to TGG to support not only the inaugural B747 flight to the new TGG apot but also the upcoming TGG World Endurance Race (WEC)... cross country for kudas and also for Hajj ops. The equipments will be there untill maybe early next year.

We've sent among all widebody acft pushback tractors, towbars, aircond carts, gpu, air start units, tail stands, pax steps, MDL/JCPL etc.

WEC, we have B747 all the way from AMS carrying horses, and maybe the "new" A300-600 right into TGG. Its a massive operation. Today itself I'm getting 3 aircraft towers from TGG to be trained to pushback a widebody. they need to get use to pushback a widebody.

Hi everyone. Just registered today as a member. To compliment Capt' Nik's statement. Yes we have sent 12 trucks of GSE's (ground support equipments) to TGG to support not only the inaugural B747 flight to the new TGG apot but also the upcoming TGG World Endurance Race (WEC)... cross country for kudas and also for Hajj ops. The equipments will be there untill maybe early next year.

We've sent among all widebody acft pushback tractors, towbars, aircond carts, gpu, air start units, tail stands, pax steps, MDL/JCPL etc.

WEC, we have B747 all the way from AMS carrying horses, and maybe the "new" A300-600 right into TGG. Its a massive operation. Today itself I'm getting 3 aircraft towers from TGG to be trained to pushback a widebody. they need to get use to pushback a widebody.

Hai welcome to MW Mr. Nabil..Happy to hear such good news for upcoming inaugural flight..Are working with MAS as ground crew??

Emm all the widebody equipments will be temporary basis I guess at TGG..

Thanks for share some info with us..

I remember last year before the new terminal and upgraded runway complete, horses only can be ferry to TGG using TUDM Charlie from KLIA..Now, direct flight from AMS

Welcome Mr Nabil!! SAWADIKAPPP

i need help from MW members who live in TGG,

just want to know about Masjid Kristal? how to go there from TGG Airport?

for sure if i take taxi the cost very expensive.

Any suggestion how to go TGG Town & Masjid Kristal?

Does it near from Sultan Mahmud airport?

p/s: Maybe this question is out of topic, but we plan to jalan-jalan at TGG town after mini-historic flight finish

Went to TGG today on MH 1326 for another meeting with the relevant authorities to check out on the airport readiness for the first B744 flight.

KLIA take-off was 14R before a left turn to TGG.

A little hazy today. Sorry, pix from an Ixus.

post01_01.jpg

KL

post01_02.jpg

Semenyih dam. Filled to the brim. The windy roads around the dam are among my favorite for spirited driving or riding. Hardly any traffic, fairly smooth and grippy tarmac.

post01_03.jpg

Genting Highlands with Janda Baik valley in the foreground

post01_04.jpg

the Tahan Range surrounded by low clouds.

post01_05.jpg

Very pleasant surprise indeed to see our very own Capt Radzi flying up front. He was training a newbie, with a safety co-pilot riding shotgun.

post01_06.jpg

A view of Kenyir....

post01_08.jpg

Capt Radzi looking out at Kenyir....

post01_07.jpg

Shadowplay on approach

post01_09.jpg

FY ATR departing as we were taxying in

post01_10.jpg

The Hajj & Charter team at work. Surveying intersections "A" and "B" with the TGG Bomba Chief to look for a suitable space to park the two Fire Tenders for the water cannon salute on saturday. Note the ground equipment at the Terminal building.

post01_11.jpg

Phew. TGG AES is now CAT 9 with the arrival of the additional Fire Tenders.

post01_12.jpg

Newly extended Runway end looking out into the South China Sea.

post01_13.jpg

The TGG Terminal

post01_14.jpg

The Sports Centre. This is where the action will be during the Hajj. Remote check-in of the pilgrims will be done here to avoid congestion at the terminal. From the Centre the pilgrims will take a short bus ride to the aircraft.

post01_15.jpg

Looks like we are all set to fly in the B747-400 on Saturday. Here's hoping for good weather and great visibility so the flypast will be carried out as planned.

I know a number of MWingers will be on board. And Norman will be there one day early, ready to shoot from the Control Tower.

Can't wait for the pix. :drinks:

Edited by Nik H.

For the First B744 flight we've managed to coordinate with a generous sponsor to have 40 lucky orphans to fly from KLIA to TGG. Sponsorship is by Inai Kiara Corporation with the cooperation of the Hajj and Charter Department. The children will be bussed by coach from TGG to KLIA and will board the B744 at KUL. They will be chaperoned by two Hajj & Charter Stewardesses. Our two MWingers will do the photo duties for the group.

I hope all arrangements will work out as planned.

Looks like we are all set to fly in the B747-400 on Saturday. Here's hoping for good weather and great visibility so the flypast will be carried out as planned.

I know a number of MWingers will be on board. And Norman will be there one day early, ready to shoot from the Control Tower.

Can't wait for the pix. :drinks:

Thanks for the pictorial, Nik, and all the best for this Saturday's milestone.

My missus has been commuting SZB-TGG-SZB every Sunday (with FY) and she was asking me about the 747 arrival too. :)

Great pix there Sir..nice to see the overall view of the airport from the air :clapping:

i did visit the airport during the construction stage 2 years ago during my class site visit there Click Here and its great to see the airport is finally done and fully functional.The rumah terengganu design ala muzium terengganu is truly unique for an airport design in malaysia. Looking forward for the historic flight this coming saturday.So 18 months after i posted this post, this post is truly going to be REAL after all :huh:

All the best Sir.. :drinks:

Very pleasant surprise indeed to see our very own Capt Radzi flying up front. He was training a newbie, with a safety co-pilot riding shotgun.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nik...n/post01_06.jpg

Emm for long time I wait this moment,to "meet" Capt Radzi..Thx Capt Radzi for tons of your pictures contribution at a.net.. I know MW from a.net,after 3 years I google around a.net..

Great pix there Sir..nice to see the overall view of the airport from the air :clapping:

i did visit the airport during the construction stage 2 years ago during my class site visit there Click Here and its great to see the airport is finally done and fully functional.The rumah terengganu design ala muzium terengganu is truly unique for an airport design in malaysia. Looking forward for the historic flight this coming saturday.So 18 months after i posted this post, this post is truly going to be REAL after all :huh:

All the best Sir.. :drinks:

My last visit to TGG airport back 11 years ago..Totally different now and I'll coming back to TGG this Saturday after 4 years left..