MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Terengganu and Haj Flights

OK, seems like the refuelling facilities will be on temporary/seasonal basis then ? Pity that, when the new TGG looks quite impressive. None of the generic KLIAC inspired clone feel/look

Slightly off-topic, whilst the new TGG terminal may look quite interesting from the outside, in practice, the terminal is dark and gloomy in the inside, especially the public area at the departure level. Inefficient and awkward overall layout. Very little use of natural sunlight. Not very good of the architects to not envisage these, I must say.

OK, seems like the refuelling facilities will be on temporary/seasonal basis then ? Pity that, when the new TGG looks quite impressive. None of the generic KLIAC inspired clone feel/look

What about the other widebody support facilities - loaders, pushback trucks (whatever is the proper name ?!) etc. Those going to be available on temporary basis as well ?

Heh, I wonder if Captain Nik drew any inspiration from operation Desert Storm ? :p

There's a long list of Widebody support equipment that's already drawn up, right down to the minutest details. Precision timings are already drawn up.

When MASCharter took over the Hajj movement of Hajj flights in 2003, the movements were divided into regions;

BKI for Sabah, KCH for Sarawak in East Malaysia.

For Peninsula, PEN serves the North West, JHB serves the South and KUL the central and East Coast.

With TGG online, the Regions are complete. TGG will serve Kelantan, Terengganu and Northern Pahang. All Hajj de2parture points in Peninsula Malaysia are within 2 1/2 hours driving radius and as such, there will eventually be no requirements for 'feeder' flights.

More pilgrims will enjoy savings as there will be less expenditure for departures and arrivals.

When I did my Hajj last year I was put in group or KT 17. The majority of the pilgrims were from North Johor, Kelantan and Kedah. There were only four of us from Negeri Sembilan while they were pockets of people from KL, Selangor and Malacca. For me this mixed group was fun. But with TGG coming in it looks like much of the fun will be gone. Capt. Nik, does the situation change for Saudi (HZ) flights too?

When I did my Hajj last year I was put in group or KT 17. The majority of the pilgrims were from North Johor, Kelantan and Kedah. There were only four of us from Negeri Sembilan while they were pockets of people from KL, Selangor and Malacca. For me this mixed group was fun. But with TGG coming in it looks like much of the fun will be gone. Capt. Nik, does the situation change for Saudi (HZ) flights too?

Hajj flights pax numbers are divided 50-50 between a Malaysian appointed operator ( MAS ) and the Saudi appointed operator ( SV ). In the case of Saudi, its business first then service. In the case of MH, I'd like to think that we put both on equal priority.

As for the fun bit, I think the Hajj operation out of TGG will generate an air of Festivity during the flight period in TGG. The people going to and returning from the Hajj will be celebrated at their own doorstep. I advised the State Govt that there will be a small but significant economic contribution to the local traders during that period as 1 Hajj pax is normally sent off and recieved by 10 relatives at least. Everyone stands to benefit when we do these flights ex TGG.

Then there are the savings in both time and money for those pilgrims who would otherwise have to travel to KL to catch their flights. For these kampong folks a saving of RM100 is a big deal, and I'm certain that it will not be RM 100 they will save, but much more. Then there's the intangibles.......

I hope this TGG hajj flights will cut the crowding at KUL domestic terminal on the return flights. I dread thinking of arriving at the time the new hajis come out to meet the relatives. The crowding is just unbearable.

Capt Nik, i want to know,

if i not mistake, MH will use B747-400 to cater pilgrims,

can pilgrims sitting at first class or business class?

or no first class or business class in Hajj Flights?

Capt Nik, i want to know,

if i not mistake, MH will use B747-400 to cater pilgrims,

can pilgrims sitting at first class or business class?

or no first class or business class in Hajj Flights?

Seat allocation in the following order;

FC: Those who paid a premium through private packages.

BC: Those who paid for a less than premium package, also via private arrangements.

EY: Standard packeges via the Mu'asasah.

However, some Premium seats are reserved for pilgrims who are less ambulatory and MH will exercise discretion on their placement.

Seats near emergency exits are reserved for those who can be able bodied in to facilitate quicker flow of evacuation in case of unlikely emergency.

All inflight meals are similar throughout the flights, so no 'fine dining' for those seated in the Premium seats. The menu is planned relevant to the passenger profile so 'exotic' Western meals don't go to waste. The type of food reflects 'Malaysian Flavour', which over the past years' experience seems better appreciated by the Pilgrims.

After carrying not less than 120,000 pilgrims since Hajj and Charter Dept took over since 2003, we have only recieved less than 20 complaints on in flight catering.

There were no complaints with regards to aircraft quality and 6 complaints related to inflight service ( all from VIPs).

Also since 2003 we had less than 10 flight that were delayed for more than 3 hours, with one delayed for 28 hours in 2005.

I have a good Hajj Team and am very proud of them. :yahoo:

We all hope to do better this year.

A little prayer from MW members for a successful Hajj operations will go a long way in getting some Divine support. TQ

After carrying not less than 120,000 pilgrims since Hajj and Charter Dept took over since 2003, we have only recieved less than 20 complaints on in flight catering.

There were no complaints with regards to aircraft quality and 6 complaints related to inflight service ( all from VIPs).

Also since 2003 we had less than 10 flight that were delayed for more than 3 hours, with one delayed for 28 hours in 2005.

Yes, all people know the MH give excellent service than other airlines.

Good job MH!

I hope this TGG hajj flights will cut the crowding at KUL domestic terminal on the return flights. I dread thinking of arriving at the time the new hajis come out to meet the relatives. The crowding is just unbearable.

I know the problems caused by relatives flocking to the airports to welcome their loved ones back from the Holy Land. But to really understand it you have to be a pilgrim yourself. To meet your loves ones after performing a Muslim's last ritual is beyond words.

I know the problems caused by relatives flocking to the airports to welcome their loved ones back from the Holy Land. But to really understand it you have to be a pilgrim yourself. To meet your loves ones after performing a Muslim's last ritual is beyond words.

Not a haji yet, but I've been the receiving relative, so I quite understand the feeling. However any attempt to ease the congestion will always be welcome.

I pray for smooth Hajj operations, for the benefits and ease of the Hajj pilgrims. Great job so far, Capt Nik and Hajj Charter team, may Allah bless you all for your contributions towards the Hajj experiences. :)

Captain Nik,

What is the latest on TGG then ?

Still on target ?

:)

Yes I also have intention to dig this topic and ask Capt. Nik for any latest news..I pray and hope all according to schedule and TGG will start operate WB plane for this coming Hajj season..

Yes I also have intention to dig this topic and ask Capt. Nik for any latest news..I pray and hope all according to schedule and TGG will start operate WB plane for this coming Hajj season..

BC, Ashmil, Must be some sort of Karma......

I have the Hajj & Charters Team members at TGG yesterday inspecting the facilities.

And later this evening I will be Fireflying to TGG for another round of meeting with the relevant Authorities on Thursday. Scheduled a couple of other meetings with two hotels for crew, rest houses facilities for ground staff, look at the vans to be rented etc etc.....every little detail before signing off the relevant service provision contracts....

I will also be finalising the FIRST B747-400 flight into TGG. The flight will depart KUL as a scheduled flight replacing the B737 at 1100 on the 11th of October. Also arranging a low level TGG city flypast before turning parallel to Batu Burok beach for a landing RWY 22. Aerobridge alignment will also be done on the day.

Hoping for Bomba to give the aircraft a water cannon salute on taxy to the main apron.

I'll keep MWingers informed.

Any Mwingers interested to be on this Mini-Historic flight.....?

Slightly off-topic, whilst the new TGG terminal may look quite interesting from the outside, in practice, the terminal is dark and gloomy in the inside, especially the public area at the departure level. Inefficient and awkward overall layout. Very little use of natural sunlight. Not very good of the architects to not envisage these, I must say.

OFF TOPIC- Good observation Mushrif; the airport, though grand could have had a better design to utilise natural sunlight. The workmanship too leaves a lot to be desired.

ON TOPIC again;

But for the Hajj, we will not be using the terminal at all. The Charter team has decided for the Check-in, Immigration, Customs and security formalities to be done at the nearby indoor stadium and the pilgrims will be bussed directly to the aircraft. This will minimise congestion at the airport.

Glad to hear that things are falling into places, Capt... :clapping:

OT:

Waa.... thinking hard whether to book the early morning

FY to TGG on the 11th... (RM49.90 as this morning..)

What a picture it would made of a B747-400 touching down with the

South China Sea at the background... :rolleyes:

OT:

So mau adakan special TGG Spotting Trips kaa~?? :yahoo: :help:

South China Sea at the background... = st maarten princess juliana int'l :diablo:

Edited by Ibrahim

Thanks for the update Captain :drinks:

Good to see the pieces all falling into place - runway extension must be ok already for you to have confidence to schedule the trial run

Would really like to see the faces on those unsuspecting pax when confronted with equipment change on 11 Oct :)

Any Mwingers interested to be on this Mini-Historic flight.....?

I want I want... :)

but I know I won't get the chance to be the lucky 1... :(

Wow...a chance to be on the mini-historic flight?

*hand up* :rolleyes:

Edit: I can sponsor around 6 kilos of dates, regardless of whether i can go on the mini historic flight or not.

Edited by Imran K.

Glad to hear that things are falling into places, Capt... :clapping:

OT:

Hait Uncle so semangat planning a trip to TGG..its good, can get onboard with new FY ATR and shoot B747 then...If I have $$$ sure I'll consider to do also...

Thanks Capt Nik for the update..I also looking also any opportunity for Mini-Historic flight..

I will also be finalising the FIRST B747-400 flight into TGG. The flight will depart KUL as a scheduled flight replacing the B737 at 1100 on the 11th of October. Also arranging a low level TGG city flypast before turning parallel to Batu Burok beach for a landing RWY 22. Aerobridge alignment will also be done on the day.

Is there a scheduled 11am departure to TGG on 11-Oct? I thought there's just one scheduled earlier in the monring, and the next one is around 1 or 2pm.

Just arrived from TGG after a half day meeting with the State Govt and a full inspevtion of the facilities.

The runway is READY. In fact, the B737 I came back on used the newly completed extension for the RWY22 take off. The airport will be upgraded to CAT9 by 6th Oct instead of 15th September due to the delay in the delivery of an additional Fire Tender. You would not think so if you go throgh this thread and see the pictures.

But in this case, a good continous push can even 'move a mountain'. Although it may not win you many friends..........

This is a good case of 'Malaysia Boleh' :clapping:

The B747 will depart KUL at 1330 on the 11th of October. It will do a low pass over the airport runway, then proceed to orbit K. Trengganu town before flying parallel to Batu Burok beach. Depending on the wind and Runway in use, it may be doing a Northerly or southerly flight when flying abeam batu Burok beach. Of Course, weather will also determine the flypass.

A water cannon salute will be made.

Norman....its time to talk....

Edited by Nik H.