MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

Anybody will attend the ceremony the receiving first ATR for FireFly?

All Firefly and Maswing ATR will have to come to szb for pre service check before going back to service. As for comparison, F50 and ATR 72 are the same in term of comfort and noise. ATR 72 landing isn't as comfort as F50. Yup, cabin is longer. Forward attendant seat is right beside 1st row of seats. ATR is a very fragile aircraft compared with F50. Everything have to be very carefu and gentle when working on it.

The routing for Maswings I'm not really sure but it's definitely different with firefly.

Mr. Sung.. Confirm that FY ATR72-500 will be arrive this coming Monday?? Kindly please inform to us if you /anybody get confirm date on arrival of MASwings ATR..I like MASwings livery on ATR instead of FireFly..

So idea on same ceremony will be do for MASwings ATR72 at Miri or any place at Borneo??

Thanks

FYB and MWA will be arriving on the same day, 5th september, if nothing changes.

Ceremony for maswing will still be in kch until further notice.

MASwings and Firefly Take Delivery of New ATR 72-500s

48b7f03a704a3ATR-1_250x167.jpg

Delivery ceremony for Malaysia Airlines' subsidiaries MASwings and Firefly

Malaysia Airlines' subsidiaries MASwings and Firefly, and ATR, celebrated today the delivery of the first ATR 72-500s of MASwings and the second ATR 72-500 of Firefly in a joint ceremony held at the ATR Final Assembly Line in Toulouse. Attending the ceremony were Datuk Michael Manyin, Urban Development & Tourism Minister of Sarawak, Dr. Amin Khan, Managing Director of MASwings, Mr. Eddy Leong, Managing Director of Firefly, along with Mr. Stéphane Mayer, ATR CEO, and representatives of French and Italian Authorities.

Firefly took delivery earlier in August of its first ATR aircraft, which made its inaugural flight on August 19th. The MASwings and Firefly aircraft are the first ATRs to operate in Malaysia.

Commenting on the delivery, Datuk Michael Manyin underlined “the importance of introducing in Malaysia aircraft complying with the highest standards of performance, comfort and safety in today’s regional aviation market”. And he further added:

“The ATR aircraft will become a main player in the development of the tourism and the business activities in our country, while allowing both MASwings and Firefly to achieve the lowest operating costs in short-haul routes”.

Dr. Amin Khan stated:

“The preservation of the environment in Borneo is one of our major concerns. With our ATR 72-500s, we will be strongly contributing to the development of the sustainable tourism in East Malaysia”. He added: “The ‘-500 series’ is well reputed worldwide for its impressive safety record and is also a very reliable aircraft, featuring the lowest cost per passenger and the lowest levels of noise and vibrations inside the cabin”. He summed up: “ With the ATRs, we will consolidate our young carrier with very safe and environment-friendly aircraft”

Eddy Leong declared:

“With our brand new ATR 72-500s we will start replacing our Fokker 50 fleet and providing our passengers with the most advanced technology and the most trendy and comfortable passenger environment in the market. Our new fleet of ATRs will allow us to face the growth of our regional operations and to optimize costs with aircraft featuring unrivalled performance in short-haul routes”.

Stéphane Mayer underlined the importance of Malaysia in the recent success of ATR and noted that “with the delivery of these aircraft, we are entering a new market with strong growth potential, while strengthening our position as the leader in the turboprop market in Asia”. And he further added:

“We are also delighted at the further developments for the ATR fleet in the region. Our partnership includes the establishment with Malaysia Airlines, a worldwide known and respected major carrier, of a joint ATR Training Center at the Kuala Lumpur Subang airport. In addition, we are pleased of the settlement in Malaysia of a new MRO Center dedicated to ATR aircraft.”

FYB and MWA will be arriving on the same day, 5th september, if nothing changes.

Ceremony for maswing will still be in kch until further notice.

Emm Sept 5 will be on Friday..Sound good to me to do spotting job for MASwings ATR..hehe..

Are all Fireflyz flight using ATR now? If not does anyone knows normally which flight using ATR? Plan to go Penang next month so wanted to try the new plane.

the engine maybe not suitable with monsoon season kua, mgi now on standby, so now only left fya, fyb and mgk in ops. beside engine, there are few more problems, but everything under warranty, no problem.

the engine maybe not suitable with monsoon season kua, mgi now on standby, so now only left fya, fyb and mgk in ops. beside engine, there are few more problems, but everything under warranty, no problem.

Ohhhhhh NOOOOOO..mean here only single Fokker50 9M-MGK in operation??I looking towards to fly with F50 soon..But look like tak sempat je..

I know the Fokker50 soon will be out of service with Firefly and MASwings also by end of this year but I dont expected this early this fully utilize their ATR72..

Any latest news when 9M-FYC and 9M-MWB will be arrive at SZB?? I may guess both planes will be around by end of this year..

FYA now grounded also due to engine defect, awaiting for spares, MGD now has been converted into maswings colour, MGI and MGK will be sold to new owner by the end of the year, maswings f50 will end its f50 fleet at 2013.

FYA now grounded also due to engine defect, awaiting for spares, MGD now has been converted into maswings colour, MGI and MGK will be sold to new owner by the end of the year, maswings f50 will end its f50 fleet at 2013.

Emm correct me if I wrong, the MGI and MGK are belong to PMB or MAS??Because as far as I concern 1 of F50 owned by MAS, but I dont which one..

Emm F50 still available around Borneo till 2013..Surprising me dude..

Any idea who will buy the 2 F50s??

Thanks..

Any idea who will buy the 2 F50s??

Will they be converted to Freighters too, like the old KLC ones ? :huh:

I know the Fokker50 soon will be out of service with Firefly and MASwings also by end of this year but I dont expected this early this fully utilize their ATR72..

Any latest news when 9M-FYC and 9M-MWB will be arrive at SZB?? I may guess both planes will be around by end of this year..

According to this web-site (Skyliner - aviation news) in their 'New Registrations' section 9M-FYC is en-route now (routing at the moment TLS-LCA). Should be here in the next day or so.

According to this web-site (Skyliner - aviation news) in their 'New Registrations' section 9M-FYC is en-route now (routing at the moment TLS-LCA). Should be here in the next day or so.

Thanks...New ATR coming around... :yahoo: :yahoo: ..I personally believe it will arrive Monday and onwards..

but this weekend and nextweek before Raya I too busy for spotting.. :( :(

Saw an ad for Firefly in KL Sentral, it says Hidangan Ringan Tersedia (akan datang), is Firefly going towards the legacy path?

Sign in to follow this