Dear all,I m here to share something with you all regarding MAS Airlines.....
1. Most of the MAS 737-400 are already sold to the Bank of Utah, USA.
2. MAS is going to replace the 737-400 with the -800 series OR airbus A320 in 2 years time.
3. Penarbangan Malaysia bhd (PMB) is in queue for the Airbus A380.
Go to Airbus delivery page > select Asia-Pacific > select PMB. Total is 6.
4. PMB leases aircraft to MAS.
5. MAS wants to cancel the airbus A380. Click here to read more
6. MAS has the A380 simulator.
Rumor (most likely):
1. I spoke with someone regarding MAS’ future plans to replace the 737 fleet and he said he knew someone in PMB. They guy from PMB said that they are definitely getting the 737-800 to replace the current 737-400 (in service for about 15 years). They are also replacing all the current Airbus with the 737-900 (?).
See also: news
How is PMB going to get slots for the -800 or -900 series? Isn’t it fully booked until at least 2009? They are getting the planes from ILFC (International Lease Finance Corporation).
ILFC (International Lease Finance Corporation)ILFC is owned by U.S. insurance giant AIG, and is run by Steven F. Udvar-Hazy, who founded the company in 1973. At the beginning of 2005, ILFC had an inventory of 824 aircraft (per AvSoft/The Wall Street Journal.) According to Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine (August 6, 2007) as of August 2007, ILFC had an inventory of over 900 aircraft valued at more than $48 billion. ILFC is the largest customer of both Boeing and Airbus.
2. MAS is getting the 787 Dreamliner.
3. MAS is gonna scrap of the 747 fleet (probably converting it into cargo)
4. MAS is negotiating to cancel the A380 for the A350.
1. MAS might buy Airbus from Air Aisa since Air Asia bought some 50 single-aisle A320 series planes from Airbus.